About Falmouth Chorale & Orchestra
History : Board of Directors : Staff : Artistic Director : Join Us : Falmouth Chamber Chorale : Scholarship : 2012-2013 Season : Special Events : Audio Recordings
The Falmouth Chorale’s mission is to inspire and educate singers and audiences through the presentation and celebration of fine choral music.
The Falmouth Chorale will establish Falmouth as a center for choral and musical excellence on Cape Cod to enrich the cultural life of the Upper Cape community.
Core Value Statements
- We value high artistic standards. We believe that strong artistic direction fosters choral discipline, commitment and ensemble.
- We value growth and education. We are committed to:
Providing Chorale singers opportunities for musical and vocal development.
Offering occasions to members of the greater community to expand their musical horizons.
- We value a complete performance experience. We believe in the power of music to entertain, delight and move audiences through innovative and varied programming.
- We value effective management and governance. We are committed to a dedicated, qualified board and staff working openly towards common artistic and organizational goals.
- We value fiscal responsibility. We believe in sound financial planning to insure long-term stability and development.
- We value community support and involvement. We recognize the importance of our contributors and volunteers for their generosity and encouragement.
- We value inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome the rich and various talents of our community.
- We value collaboration and creative interaction. We are committed to creating opportunities to share our passion for singing with others.
The Falmouth Chorale has been offering fine musical concerts for forty-five years. The Chorale traces its roots to 1964, when James Stevens, organist at First Congregational Church in Falmouth, with representatives of Falmouth church choirs, planned a joint performance of Handel's Messiah. Thus was born the Falmouth Interfaith Choir; its mission was to further the ecumenical movement through music. Its concerts became an integral part of Falmouth's Christmas/Hanukkah and Easter/Passover seasons. In 1980 when the Choir was incorporated, it adopted as an additional purpose "to further the public appreciation of music in Falmouth," broadened its repertoire to include secular works, and added an instrumental ensemble.
In 2004, the group changed its name to the Falmouth Chorale to reflect a new vision and commitment to musical excellence. A fall concert was added to the Chorale's season and full orchestral accompaniment was added for many concerts. For seventeen years the Chorale developed in strength and ability under the baton of Frederick Johnson. In 2007, we welcomed director John Yankee, who then accepted the new position of Artistic Director for the 2008-2009 season.
Falmouth Chorale 2012-13 Board of Directors
Standing: Ed Dyer, Carolyn Powers, Reta King, Eleanor Ericson, Mary Swope, Bruce Zimmerli.
Sitting: Diane Huban, vice president, Ralph Wadleigh, president, Gail Donkin, treasurer,
Karen Scribner, secretary.
Home > Falmouth Chorale